Tuesday, January 4, 2011

PC Game of the Day: Star Wars Battlefront


Not the second one, not elite, not republic commando...the first one. The O.G. 
Sure the cover says it's rated "T" for teens, but once u play it, you're hooked! 

As a huge Star Wars fan, I was firmly disappointed with the second trilogy. Well, the first. But you know what I mean. Revenge of the Sith was really awesome though. To see Anakin Skywalker rise and become Darth Vader was way too fucking cool to not like. But I digress. 

When I first played the game, I had just bought a PS2. I get very "late in the game" when it comes to consoles. Once I started, I couldn't stop! I was getting frustrated though because I couldn't play with other people online so I decided to buy the PC version. Oh Lord Vader, I was basically addicted. I still am to this day. When my old computer broke down on me, I bought another one (which I'm still paying for) and bought the Star Wars fan favorites package which includes Battlefront, Battlefront II and Republic Commando. I do like the other games, but not as much as the first & pretty much only Battlefront known to me legitimately lol. 

I play online via GameSpy which is standard with the games. I also use something called Xfire. It's like a chatting program like AIM or ICQ or wtf ever people are using these days, but it's for gamers. With xfire you can not only talk to other gamers, but you can broadcast your game live, post screen shots of you playing, and track all the games you play. Basically it's like a mini gaming hub. 



Playing Battlefront online is almost like playing chess. It's a strategic war game, but you play on teams and with multiple forms of conquering. You can totally destroy the other team, you can capture all their command posts, or play a game of capture the flag. All the characters are so intricately designed, the battlefield graphics are amazing and the sound effects are superb right down to the running & and gun clicks.  Not to mention one of the best soundtracks in film history! The Imperial March is my ringtone & my text tone is R2-D2.

If George Lucas wants to make a game, you best be sure he's going to release something like whoa! 

In simple terms: Star Wars Battlefront...amazeballs!! Battlefront Official Website
Find out about all things Star Wars  Wookieepedia

If you are on Xfire, look me up: industrialgirl83

If you play Battlefront or Battlefront II, I'm usually on in the mid mornings to afternoons: IndustrialGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment