Saturday, February 12, 2011

Books I Recommend 3


Ah...Poppy Z. Brite. She's the other author that saved my sanity. Well, I guess more postponed my manic episodes.

The house on Violin Road is the setting for this creepy horror novel. It's about Trevor McGee. His father killed brother and mother and then committed suicide. He ran from that place and then returns to get answers to 2 questions. 1) What drove his father to murder/suicide and 2) What made his father spare his life? It's a twisted tale and I had a hard time reading this before bed because it truly creeped me out.

Here's the link with excerpts from Drawing Blood. Happy Reading!

Drawing Blood by Poppy Z. Brite

If you want to keep in with her horror novels, I also recommend Lost Souls, which is an amazing gothic vampire novel a la Anne Rice, but in modern times. Also, kinda better. I know, I know...how could i say someone wrote a better vampire novel than Anne Rice, but people...it's true. Just sayin'. She also did a book of stories called Wormwood. Great book, but not as good as Drawing Blood and Lost Souls.



Poppy Z. Brite lives in New Orleans with her chef husband and a multitude of felines to take care of.




Not only has she written many horror novels and short-stories, but she has been delving in the food-mystery novel genre with her wonderful characters Ricky and G-Man.

She introduced those two first in The Value of X:


Then came a trilogy of novels that sealed those two in my library for good:

Liquor

 Prime

Soul Kitchen

 After those came D.U.C.K and Second Line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment